8/13/26

100 yr


I watched some highlights and news about the Sagrada Familia. It truly looks beautiful. Additionally, there are several Gaudi centenary events. Unfortunately, I’m not able to come to visit Barcelona this year. Nonetheless, for me, it will be great to visit it again. It’s a city that creates so many unforgettable memories.


Meanwhile, while seeing several centenary events, I just recalled some memories that I used to collaborate on several centenary events several years ago. It’s certainly a huge effort because the event might be once in a lifetime. In particular, you couldn’t find any references and no one might be able to guide you.


That’s always an interesting part to organize this kind of event. Firstly, you have to look back. 100 years aren’t short, you have to learn the key events, key moments and influences. At the same time, you have to look forward. How about the next 100 years? There is a lot to think about.


It has taken 100+ years to make the exterior of the Sagrada Familia structurally complete. That’s not a short period of time. In those 100+ years, the world has changed a lot. Nonetheless, the building is there and gradually, it’s getting closer to being complete.


When I review some photos of the Sagrada Familia, I’m glad that I witnessed a little bit of its history. I went there with different friends. Well, I haven’t chatted with some of them for quite a while. For some friends, we already lost touch. Nonetheless, the building is still there. That’s the real memory and that’s what I learn from traveling. Things might change dramatically. Nevertheless, there’s something that could last for quite a long time. And we can learn from those buildings, those ideas behind the architects, designers, musicians and so on. That’s always a cool thing while traveling.

No comments: