It’s been 3 weeks since the 2026 football world cup came to an end. I don’t know if you enjoyed watching the matches. For me, I did enjoy watching some matches.
I talked to a friend who went to the 2018 World Cup and the 2022 World Cup. He’s a huge football fan. Nonetheless, he didn’t go this time. I understand why he wasn’t able to make it.
The World cup is a huge event in the world, so many fans travel to participate and watch the matches. Well, the cost might be really high. Nevertheless, for many fans, it’s a great experience in their lifetime.
However, I always think about one thing. After the world cup, what will happen to those stadiums? How will those stadiums be operated? That’s always a key question. If a stadium was built only for a huge event, it doesn’t make any sense. As we already see, several stadiums were damaged after a huge event because no one operates them. Hence, a long-term operations plan is always important before a stadium is built.
I like to see or visit stadiums while traveling. I like to read and understand the history of different stadiums. Moreover, I like to see what big games or matches are played in a stadium. Additionally, some players’ outstanding performances at this stadium.
There is a lot to learn from visiting stadiums. Nonetheless, it would be disappointing if I see a stadium damaged or unmanaged. That’s always a pity. In particular, if a player used to perform outstandingly in this venue during the tournament, but the stadium is not available anymore because of ill-management. That will be truly hard to talk about the meaningful legacy of the event. Well, I might visit some of the stadiums of this world cup sometime and I hope to see they are still in good condition.
No comments:
Post a Comment