8/6/24

Color


A few weeks ago, I read an article about a mayor’s decision. A mayor decided to paint an old building into bright colors.

 

With this change, well, it doesn’t look like a dramatic change, but the city has changed dramatically. And the city has become one of the most dynamic cities in Europe.

 

This article is surely worth reading. After reading it, I shared the article with some friends. And I began to think about some stories while traveling.

 

The story is about the Soviet Union. I went to Croatia to visit a great friend. I walked on the street and my friend talked about the city where he lived. Well, he didn’t really like that city because of its color. The buildings were built in the era of the Soviet Union. The city looked gray, and it doesn’t seem to have a great future.

 

In addition, I took a bus from another city to come back to the city where my friend lived. On the bus, a lady sat next to me and we chatted a little bit. She also indicated that the city looked gray. And she doesn’t like what the city looked like.

 

Furthermore, I used to visit Tallinn, Estonia. A great friend from Tallinn is my tour guide. He showed me around the city and told me a lot of stories. Suddenly, he pointed to a pink building. That building looked colorful, but my friend told a joke about its color.


While traveling, I like to experience a city. Walking on the street, it’s interesting to see the colors of the building, the colors or decorations and the colors of the trees or flowers. The color of the city might more or less show the whole view of a city. In particular, you can really feel if the city is dynamic and vibrant. In a dark and gray city, you normally can’t feel that.

No comments: