6/4/24

Through the rain


In some countries, there’s a rainy season. For travelers, it’s better to avoid traveling in the rainy season.

 

However, it’s not always sunny when you are traveling. It’s highly possible to travel on rainy days. Growing up in Southeast Asia, it’s normal for me to take an umbrella while going out because you can’t precisely predict whether it will rain.

 

Moreover, I usually check the weather forecast to at least know the weather in the coming days. Nonetheless, sometimes, I would like to explore something different.

 

When I was traveling in Croatia, I stayed at a friend’s place. One night, I was checking if there’s an interesting place to go. My friend suggested that I go to a city near the sea. For me, it was a great idea because I never heard of that city and I would like to see the different side of the country.

 

The next morning, I woke up early to take a bus to that city. I was really excited. Nonetheless, when the bus arrived, the sky was gray. And very soon, it started to rain. Well, the rain can’t stop me. I was walking around the city and tried to take some photos.

 

Nevertheless, it rained heavily and sometimes, I had to stop a bit. In particular, I had to be careful because I had to make sure that my camera was ok. Well, the city would surely look more beautiful when the weather is good. But, for me, it’s still an interesting day.

 

In the end, I had to cut the day trip short because it truly rained a lot and my t-shirt was so wet. I chose a restaurant to get some food. A staffer recommended a meal with fish. I finished the dish and my t-shirt was a bit drier. Then, I took a bus back to the city where my friend lived.

No comments: