6/18/24

Post office


A friend just packed his package and was ready to leave the hostel. It was a sunny day and he had to take a flight in the afternoon. Before that day, we just grabbed some beers and I wish him the best in the future.

 

However, before he left the hostel, he asked me if I knew where a post office was because he would like to send some postcards. I told him the location of the post office, which is not so far. A few minutes later, he came back and asked me whether I knew the post office near a train station. Well, he was going to take a train to the main station first. Hence, it might be an ideal option for him to go to a post office near the train station. I thought for about 2 minutes and recalled that there actually is a post office in the train station.

 

Later in the evening, I texted that friend to ask him if he sent those postcards. Thankfully, the mission was completed.

 

When I saw that there were so many postcards in his hand, I was truly excited. While traveling, I like to send some postcards. However, these days, I actually saw fewer people send postcards. But for me, I still like it.

 

For me, going to a local post office is quite interesting. Firstly, you can experience that many post office staffers are trying their best to help you even though you don’t have the same mother tongue. Additionally, you can see there’s something interesting in a post office. For example, I saw several beautiful stamps in several post offices and I actually bought some stamps as souvenirs. On the next trip, I will certainly go to a post office to send postcards to my friends and family. And if I see something cool in a post office, I surely will… 

No comments: