6/11/24

Free tickets?


Sometimes you meet a weird person in life. And sometimes, you have a weird experience during a trip.

 

It was in February. I was in Boston. It was cold, however, it wasn’t snowing that morning. I just finished a stadium tour at Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox. It was a great tour. Well, there wasn’t a baseball game that day. However, walking in a well-known stadium is certainly a unique experience.

 

I was glad that I made the tour. On the way back to a guest house, I decided to get some breakfast at a McDonald’s. I just ordered some food, waiting in front of the counter.

 

Suddenly, a guy who was waiting as well began to talk to me. He indicated something about ESPN and there was a hockey game that night. Then, he kept saying that he got free tickets and asked me if I would like to go. Well, I never watched a hockey game before and that sounded quite “interesting”.

 

Nonetheless, when I asked a McDonald’s staffer to see if there was a game that night. That staffer said, “No, the game was played yesterday.”

 

And when I connected to Free Wifi in McDonald’s, I checked on the ESPN website, there wasn’t a game that day.

 

In the end, I didn’t get the free tickets. And this decision might avoid some problems. I like sports and going to watch a game is very appealing to me. Nevertheless, it’s not ideal to accept free tickets from someone unknown. Firstly, you don’t know how he or she got the tickets. Additionally, you might not know if the tickets are “real”. For example, I never watch a hockey game and I actually didn’t know what a hockey game ticket looked like. Well, accepting something from someone unknown might not be ideal in life. While traveling, it’s better to be careful about accepting “something” for free.

No comments: