5/2/24

Summer


It’s May. Summer is coming. For sure, lots of people are planning to go to a beach for the summertime.

 

I’ve heard that several friends are planning to go to a beach and some friends just went back from a beach already. In particular, a friend already went surfing.

 

To be honest, I used to try windsurfing, however, I never tried surfing before. I saw some friends who went to several beaches to surf. Additionally, I recalled a memory while I was serving in the army.

 

It wasn’t a great day. The typhoon just came. It was rainy and windy. I was on a train, on the way back to the base. On the train, there weren’t many people. I saw a foreigner on a train. We chatted a little bit and asked him why he chose to travel here.

 

He told me that he was planning to go surfing. So, that day, he was going to check the weather to see if it’s possible to surf. Back then, I was thinking that it might be quite dangerous to surf in bad weather.

 

However, after talking to some friends who are experienced in surfing. They told me that they always check the weather forecast carefully and sometimes, they will go to the beach to confirm. They know what should and what shouldn't be done.

 

In the summertime, I believe many of these friends will go surfing again. Perhaps, some of them will go to another country to surf. I haven’t met that foreigner who I met on the train. After that meeting, I guess he probably has traveled to several countries to surf and conquer several big waves. A friend just texted me to ask me if I would go surfing with him. Well, I will go to a beach, but surfing, I might have to think about it.

No comments: