4/30/24

Unfinished


A few months ago, I was in a Starbucks, waiting for a good friend.

 

He’s from Finland and we haven’t met for quite a while. I was so glad to meet him again. He’s fluent in several languages and has traveled to so many countries. Additionally, he used to provide me with several suggestions while traveling. For example, he suggested that I try a good dessert in Estonia.

 

Yes, dessert. We like to taste desserts and beverages. When I traveled to Finland, I went to a supermarket and realized that there are several chocolates from Finland. And the quality is so good. Each time I see chocolates or beverages from Finland in a supermarket, I always think of him. In particular, I always ask him if he likes that chocolate or that beverage. Without his suggestion, I might not have tried that chocolate or beverage.

 

It was just so wonderful to meet this friend. Because of the covid-19 pandemic, we hadn’t met for quite a while. Thankfully, there are not so many travel restrictions now. So, we could travel. That day, we talked about life in Europe and in Asia. We talked about sports we liked, for example, he just went surfing before we met. Additionally, he likes to ski. Each winter, he always asks me to ski with him.


Well, he’s back to his home country. However, he just texted me and asked me to visit him soon. I can stay in his place at any time. I’m so glad to have this friend. Moreover, he asked me a question about traveling. He still remembers that I have an objective, which I haven’t told to many people. That objective is about traveling. And, yes, he still remembers that. I’m still working hard to reach that objective although the time might not be so sufficient. I’ll try to do my best.

No comments: