5/14/24

Italy?


I was browsing Facebook and suddenly, someone shared an article of a tour guide.

 

It was an article in which a tour guide responded to a writer’s “articles.” Well, I said articles. But basically, those articles were a writer’s complaints about a trip that was organized by a travel agency. That was a trip to Italy and the trip was organized by the agency that the tour guide works for.

 

Well, I’m not going to describe what the writer said and what the tour guide responded. However, by reading those articles, I just recalled my memories in Italy.

 

And now, I would like to start with the first day of the first trip. I took a train from Paris to Roma. Back then, I chose Roma because a friend, who used to go to an exchange program at a university in Italy, indicated that you can stay in Roma for a week.

 

So, I decided to stay in Roma for a week. Well, it wasn’t so easy to arrive in Roma. The train stopped in Milan and I had to take a local train to Roma. And, on that day, the train was delayed. I was waiting for a while on the platform and suddenly, I met an Italian guy. He indicated that it’s normal.

 

When I arrived at the station in Roma, I was thinking about how to get to the hostel. Then, I asked a staffer in the train station to see if he could help me. The staffer headed to the office and came back. He gave me a paper. In the paper, it clearly shows “Metro A.” And that’s all. Anyway, in the end, I took a taxi to the hostel. Nonetheless, for me, the experience in the train station was memorable. I don’t say whether it’s good or bad. But, that’s part of the journey.

No comments: