4/23/24

Prepare breakfast


A few weeks ago, I stayed in a hostel. One morning, I saw a roommate preparing breakfast. He prepared salad and coffee. His breakfast didn’t look fancy, but it was good.

 

While seeing him preparing breakfast, I recalled a story while I was working in a guest house. Breakfast is included for each guest. Hence, preparing breakfast is necessary when there are guests.

 

I’m not good at cooking, so, most of the time, I just didn’t do the tasks which were too complicated. For example, some coffee and toast. With tasks assigned, we could run the guest house smoothly. Additionally, while guests are eating breakfast, it’s important to have a quick talk to know if they like the meal.

 

Sometimes, the guest house was full, and in the morning, we were so busy. We had to wake up early because there is a lot to prepare. Additionally, we had to act quickly if a guest wants to have something else or to have something more. Thankfully, we did a great job in those mornings and a VIP guest encouraged us to keep doing great things.

 

Nonetheless, there’s something unexpected. One time, there was a family from Colorado. Back then, they were the only guests and we could try our best to satisfy their expectations. One morning, they had to go out in the early morning and decided to have no breakfast.

 

While checking hotel options, I would always check whether breakfast is included. Normally, eating in the hotel isn’t a bad idea because you don’t have to worry too much about breakfast. But, it’s not necessary for me to book a hotel with breakfast included. After working in that guest house, I understand that preparing breakfast in a hotel isn’t easy. In particular, some people had to wake up in the early morning to get everything set.

No comments: