4/11/24

A friend’s post


A few months ago, I saw a friend’s post on Facebook. She just finished a trip in the United States and came back to her hometown. She hadn’t gone back home for a while and when she came back, there were a lot of things on her to-do list.

 

A key thing she did was to clean her room and she shared some photos which are pretty interesting. In particular, she shared a photo which showed some music tapes and compact discs. Those music tapes and music discs are surely great memories for her.

 

While seeing her post, I just recalled a story from when I was in high school. Back then, I liked to listen to music, in particular, I really liked a British band. I could sing almost all the songs from that band. Nonetheless, one time, I faced a problem. The band wasn’t so popular in my home country, hence, it wasn’t easy to find the band’s singles or albums.

 

To get one of the band’s albums, I asked a teacher to help me. She would travel to the United Kingdom for a few weeks. I asked her if she could go to a record store to buy that band’s album. She was very nice and said yes to me. A few weeks later, I got the album and was just so excited.

 

Sometimes, I ask some friends to see if they can help me get some “souvenirs” while they are traveling. Sometimes, some friends asked me to do them a favor. For me, normally, a key thing is to avoid asking something which is too complicated or would require too much time. Additionally, I would provide as much information as possible just to make sure that they know what to do. Therefore, my friends can help me get “souvenirs” easily during a trip.

No comments: