2/27/24

Photography exhibit


A couple of months ago, a friend, who’s a freelance photographer, organized a photography exhibit.

 

In the exhibit, I saw several photos that he took in Ukraine. Over the last 2 years, he went to Ukraine twice. While talking to him, it’s quite clear that these 2 trips weren’t easy.

 

Firstly, he must apply for a visa. He applied for a visa twice and the first time, it really took a while for him to finally get a visa.

 

In addition, he has to be very careful during these 2 trips because it’s very hard to predict what will happen. Thankfully, he’s back and could share his experience.

 

Through his camera, I’m able to see the other side of the world. His photos showed what really happened in another country. Moreover, we could see how people live under this kind of situation.

 

For me, seeing these photos, I really have mixed feelings. Gladly, this friend’s photos helped me see the world. Sadly, through his photos, I can see that many people live under tough conditions.

 

After watching the exhibit, my friend told me that he planned to go to Ukraine again. He would like to keep recording real life by using his camera. I don’t know when he will come. However, I firmly believe that he will do and as he always does.

 

I’ve always seen photos to gradually learn more about the world. The people, the life, the culture, the food and so many things can be shown in the photos. I used to take a lot of photos to record where I’ve been. Nonetheless, this time, while seeing my friends’ photos, I only have one thing to say. I hope peace will come soon. So, everything will be back to normal as it used to be. And, there will be more people who can travel to that country easily without worrying too much. 

No comments: