2/22/24

Goodbye


A few months ago, I said goodbye to a friend who’s from Slovenia. He decided to spend a month in a temple. After spending time in the temple, he will have to go back to complete his dissertation.

 

After waving goodbye to him, I really don’t know if we could meet again.

 

However, this is normal in life. And, it’s normal during a trip. I’m lucky. I am still able to keep in touch with some friends who I met while traveling. Nonetheless, actually, most of the time, it’s extremely difficult to stay in touch with some people you met during a trip.

 

There are so many reasons that it’s not easy to stay in touch with some people that you met during a trip. For example, a key problem is the time zone. When your friend wakes up, you are just ready to sleep. Moreover, each one has his or her job, or maybe other things to do. He or she might be busy with what they are doing and is unable to frequently reply to a message.

 

Nowadays, we can easily send a message to friends who are in different corners around the world by using an application on a mobile phone. However, can you imagine that previously, email was the best way to stay in touch with your friends? Even more, some people might experience that 40 or 50 years ago, the best way was probably to send letters because it was very expensive to make an international call.

 

So, I truly appreciate that I can still stay in touch with some friends while I was traveling. And, thanks to traveling, I can meet people around the world. I’m glad to meet this friend, who’s from Slovenia, and in the future, I’m looking forward to meeting him again. Nonetheless, I really can’t guarantee what will happen.

No comments: