2/20/24

Going to school?


Last September, one of my former supervisors went to Japan to visit his daughter. His daughter is now studying at one of the most prestigious universities of the world. In the campus, there’s a world-famous museum.


It’s not so common to go to a campus during a trip. Normally, people won’t plan a trip to visit a school or a library. However, sometimes, it could be interesting to go to a school during a trip.

 

Several years ago, a friend was studying in Oxford for his degree of Doctor of Philosophy. I decided to visit him and stay in his place for a weekend. It was a great weekend to spend time with a great friend.

 

My friend showed me around the town and it’s indeed a town that is worthwhile to visit. Additionally, my friend took me to visit some filming locations of Harry Potter. I can’t precisely tell which film of the Harry Potter series since I’m not a big fan of Harry Potter. But, with my friend’s guide, I can know a little bit more about the movies and the history of the university.

 

Moreover, I passed by a library and as my friend said, you could basically find any books with ISBN. Growing up, I spent some time in libraries. Sometimes, I went there to study. Sometimes, I just went there to read some books. Of course, I read books about traveling.

 

Going to a school or visiting a school might not be common to do while traveling. Nonetheless, sometimes, it could be an ideal way to take a break and refresh. In particular, if you can experience the atmosphere of the campus and learn the history of the well-known schools, it could be pretty cool. A few days ago, I read a book, which was written by a famous writer who had a great career. He shared his experience of going back to the city where he studied for his master degree.

No comments: