1/11/24

Key


A couple of weeks ago, I got a message from a friend. It has been quite a while since the last time I heard from him. I used to stay in his place when I was in North Carolina.

 

It was a cold winter. I was looking for a place to stay. Luckily, his roommate was in California, so there was an empty room in his house. My friend is very nice, he told me to feel free to get anything I wanted for breakfast. Additionally, he left his key to me, just in case I would like to go out. Back then, he only had a key with him. He didn’t have an extra key.

 

In the end, I didn’t go out that day. I worked a bit in his house and watched some football games.

 

While recalling this story, I remember a trip to Zurich. I visited Zurich several years ago. At the beginning, I planned to stay at a friend’s place. However, that friend was busy at work and wasn’t able to host me. I didn’t have too many other options, so I booked a room on Airbnb.

 

The host was very nice when we communicated on Airbnb. And, when I entered the apartment in Zurich, she and her friends showed me the apartment, which was very nice. Then, she gave me a key. I asked her some questions about using the key because I had some doubts.

 

Anyway, the key was a very important thing for me during the trip. I had a good trip in Zurich and I enjoyed staying in the apartment. On the last day of the trip, I left the key on a cabinet with a note. Unfortunately, I couldn’t see my friend during the trip and stayed in his place. However, the room I booked on Airbnb wasn’t a bad decision. I learned a bit about Zurich. 

No comments: