1/16/24

Card


I was trying to reorganize my bag a few days ago. This bag has been with me for several years. While reorganizing my bag, I saw a small bag within. In that small bag, I saw a pasmo card.

 

While seeing that pasmo card, I remember a great trip I had in Japan. I’d been to several places near Tokyo and that pasmo card helped me to travel in Tokyo easily.

 

In my first trip to Tokyo, my friends and I each bought a suica card and used it most of the time during the trip. A great IC card is surely helpful for tourists to travel.

 

Additionally, I also recalled a trip to London. My friend and I went to London to visit some companies. We decided to book an Airbnb place. It was too expensive for us to live in zone 1 or zone 2. Hence, we had to live in a place which is far away from downtown and we had to take the metro during the visit. The host of the Airbnb was very nice. He lent each of us an oyster card, so we just needed to top up.

 

We still spent some money, well, probably a lot of money on transportation. But an oyster card certainly helped us during the trip.

 

Nowadays, there are several options for IC cards in different cities. Hence, it’s important to do some homework before traveling. So, you can find the best option for you. Even more, using digital versions of some cards on mobile phones is possible. So, overseas tourists can do it easily with a mobile phone and a credit card. The next time I go to Tokyo, I will remember to have that pasmo card with me. However, traveling to other cities will be very interesting as well and I might collect some other types of IC cards during the trip. But, I have to figure out where to go first. 

No comments: