1/25/24

Hostel


A couple of days ago, I stayed in a hostel and I met a new friend, who’s from Florence. I’d never been to Florence, however, I’ve been to other cities in Italy. So, we chatted a bit about Italy.

 

While chatting, I remember some nights in Roma. It was my first trip in Europe and Roma was the last destination of the journey. The hostel isn’t close to downtown and there aren’t so many stores nearby.

 

Well, there are pros and cons. It’s not so convenient to go to some tourist attractions. However, there’s something I didn’t expect.

 

On summer night, I stayed at the hostel and saw some people in the garden of the hostel. I came to say hello to them and we chatted a little bit. Then, we saw other people come to the garden as well. So, we decided to gather and chat.

 

Well, I didn’t remember all the topics we discussed. Nonetheless, I remember a friend asked me a question. She’s from France and back then, she studied law in college. She asked me what I studied and what I would like to do in the future. I told her my major, but I said that I didn’t really know what to do after graduating from college. Then, she said, “Really?”

 

After that trip, I’ve been to several countries. However, I’ve never stayed in the garden of the hostel and chatted with so many people again. That summer night, I didn’t know what to do in the future and I wouldn’t even know that I would travel to many countries. After that trip, I haven’t gone back to Roma and I haven’t stayed in touch with any of those friends I met in Roma. But, I remember that night and that hostel. That’s always something that happens during a trip or in life. You can’t fully expect what is to come in the future. 

No comments: