12/19/23

Wroclaw


In a hostel kitchen, I was talking to a friend, who’s from Germany. He told me that his grandparents used to live in Poland for quite a long time. Therefore, he went to Poland so many times.


I went to Poland twice. So, we talked about some cities that we used to go to. Then, I mentioned Wroclaw. And, I asked him whether he saw some dwarf sculptures in Wroclaw.


For me, it was one of the most interesting things to do in Wroclaw. At the very beginning, I had very little knowledge about Wroclaw. Moreover, I couldn’t pronounce it correctly. I could remember this name because a friend repeated it several times and then I can remember it.


The idea of going to Wroclaw was that a friend from Poland demonstrated that it’s worthwhile to go to this city. I’d never been to that city, so why not?


After going to Wroclaw, I found that there are actually a lot of interesting things in the city. A very interesting thing is to find the dwarf sculptures in Wroclaw. I was in the city's old town with some friends and a friend said that there are many dwarf sculptures.


I saw some, but there are more sculptures that I didn’t find. I took some photos in the old town and uploaded them on Facebook. Not so long after posting, a friend left a comment and asked me how many dwarfs I saw. That friend used to go to Poland for an exchange program and she went to Wroclaw once.


Wroclaw was the European Capital of Culture 2016. It’s surely worthwhile to visit the city and there are a lot of cool things to do.


After talking to that friend from Germany, I recalled so many great things about the city and I began to review those photos I took while traveling in that beautiful city.

No comments: