11/16/23

The boss is abroad


A couple of months ago, I was in the office, discussing a project with some colleagues. However, a colleague indicated that there might be little progress on this project because the president is abroad.

There were several things that had to be confirmed by the president. And, a colleague who has worked for the company for a couple of years, demonstrated that when the president is abroad, he usually doesn’t reply to any messages.

Well, I’m not going to go deep about the result of the project. Nonetheless, by doing this project, I remember the days that I worked in the guesthouse.

A few years ago, a friend invited me to work in the guesthouse she managed. We agreed that I only worked in the guesthouse for around 1 month and when there are no guests, I can do what I want to do.

The days in the guesthouse weren’t bad. However, one day, an accident happened. One evening, the power went off. That day, the guesthouse was fully booked and there were a lot of guests. For the guest house, it was a great day. But, the breaker was tripped and it was dark in most areas.

My colleagues and I were thinking about what to do. At the same time, I was calling my friend because she was traveling in Japan with her family. We were trying to understand how to solve the problem and tried to identify where the breaker was. A colleague was looking around the guesthouse and trying to check every breaker as soon as possible. Thankfully, we solved the problem in less than 1 hour. Nonetheless, my friend texted me that she almost decided to book a flight ticket because she thought that she might have to return earlier.

Indeed, when a leader or a supervisor is aboard, there are some limitations to solve the company’s problem. Nevertheless, after the outbreak of the covid, many people have learnt to work remotely. But, when it comes to signing a paper… 

No comments: