11/23/23

Taking a bus


A few days ago, I watched a video on YouTube. It was a video about taking a bus in Japan.


He indicated several key things about taking a bus in Japan and of course, there’s something that a polite passenger wouldn’t do on the bus.


While watching the video, I recalled some good memories of taking a bus on a trip. In particular, I used to take a bus with some Japanese friends that I met in a hostel in Roma.


It was the second day of my very first trip in Italy. After getting some breakfast at the hostel, I decided to go to some tourist attractions. Well, firstly, I would like to go to the colosseum. So, I asked a hostel staffer how to get there. She gave me a map and told me how to get there. And, I kept asking about getting a ticket. She told me that I could buy a one-day ticket at the hostel.


It was my first trip to Italy and I didn’t do much homework. So, I thought that it would be good to buy a 1-day ticket in the hostel. I bought the ticket and went to the bus stop.


I didn’t wait too long and got on the bus. When I was on the bus, I saw some friends that I saw at the hostel. They were also taking the bus. We were on the bus and quickly chatted a little bit.


I told them that I was planning to go to the colosseum. Well, I don’t remember where they were going. However, a key thing which I will never forget. I was ready to get off the bus and they saw my 1-day ticket. They smiled and said, “You don’t have to pay.” That’s something interesting. But, I’m not going to tell the rest of the story that they told me. 

No comments: