10/31/23

I just need a cup of milk tea


After a long flight from Sao Paulo to Doha, I waved goodbye to a friend at the airport and I flew with Qatar airways from Doha to Hong Kong.

It was another long flight and well, I spent most of the time sleeping on the flight. After 8 and half hours, the flight landed in the Hong Kong international airport. I didn’t have much time and I had to take the next flight in just 1 hour. However, I was thirsty and decided to get some drinks.

I was looking around at the airport and thinking what the best choice was. Then, I saw there was a restaurant that sold milk tea, which is Hong Kong style. And, the prices looked reasonable.

I decided to get a cup of milk tea and began to check how much money I left in the pocket. Interestingly, the restaurant accepts US dollars and Hong Kong dollars. I grabbed all the money I left in the pocket, it was enough to get a cup of milk tea. I was waiting in the queue and then ordered a cup of milk tea.

After ordering, I gave all the money to a staffer, she didn’t look happy and began to count the money I gave her. Well, I understand that, but that was the only way for me to pay.

She gave me the milk tea I ordered and I quickly drank it. The milk tea was pretty good and before arriving at the gate, I already drank all the milk tea. It’s probably not an ideal way to quench thirst. However, back then, the first thing that came to my mind was to get a cup of milk tea, a Hong Kong-style milk tea, at Hong Kong international airport. I just wanted a cup of milk tea and I grabbed all the money in the pocket to pay for it. 

No comments: