10/12/23

Business trip, good?


A few days ago, I met a friend who is from Korea. She is a tour guide and organizes trips for Korean tourists. Normally, there are several trips in a month.

That day, it was her day off and she didn’t have to work or go to the office. We chatted a bit about the working culture in Korea. She told me that it’s quite intense and competitive to work in Korea. The pace is fast, and it seems that there is just a lot of work to do.

Well, while we were chatting, I thought about a story that my cousin told me. Before covid-19 pandemic, he went to Korea on a business trip several times. He works in the electronic industry. Each time he came back from a business trip, he felt just exhausted because he just worked a lot every day.

I told my friend about this story and she indicated that it's a real working culture in Korea.

Well, I have never been to Korea, so I can’t 100% tell the working culture in Korea. However, many friends who live in Korea told me something similar. Meanwhile, I went on several business trips before. And, most of those trips aren’t easy. During a business trip, there are usually some objectives to achieve. Additionally, there is a lot to prepare before a trip.

After talking to that friend from Korea, she told me that she had to prepare for another trip soon because she would have to go on a business trip in 2 days. The good thing about her job is that she could visit several good places and tourist destinations. Moreover, she could stay in some good hotels and some hotels provide great breakfast. However, she may get bored sometimes because she has already gone to some places several times. 

No comments: