9/19/23

​​Where is it from?


I passed by a local convenience store and saw something interesting.

I quickly took some photos and sent them to a friend. I told my friend that I saw a product from the country where she comes from.

However, my friend replied that she actually didn’t know that brand. I was just wondering why. Then, we kept chatting a bit.

Well, I saw a beer in a convenience store and I checked the label, which showed the beer was imported from Poland. My friend is from Poland, but she told me that she hadn't seen it before. Moreover, she told me that the beer looked like a German brand. And, my friend and I came to the conclusion that the beer was probably manufactured in Poland, but it’s a German brand.

While traveling, I like to taste some food or beverages that are only available locally. However, sometimes, you might have to check the label carefully. I watched a video on YouTube a few days ago. A YouTuber indicated that some products seemed to be imported, but those were actually manufactured in local food factories.

After watching the video and talking to my friend, I was just wondering whether I truly tasted some food or beverages authentically during a trip previously. Well, I can’t recall all the memories. However, for now, when I see the imported products, I will surely check the label and ask some friends about their opinions. For example, a few days ago, I saw a chocolate bar from Finland and I texted a Finish friend to ask him whether he knows it. He replied that it’s his favorite, so I quickly grabbed some Finish chocolates at the counter. Those chocolates tasted great and I told my friend that I would like to do it again when I visit him next time. 

No comments: