9/14/23

Pick up


I used a public telephone at a hostel in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I called a friend, telling him that I had already arrived in Amsterdam.

My friend replied that he would be in Amsterdam the next day. We agreed to meet to grab some drinks. Then, he asked me where I stayed. I told him the location of the hostel. He responded quickly, “Great, I think I can pick you up at the hostel tomorrow.”

In the evening, I was staying at the hostel and my friend came. It was great to see him. He came from another city to Amsterdam and I was glad that he had time to hang out a bit. We met in college and used to grab some beers at the beach. In particular, we had a party at the beach. Those memories are just so fun.

I shook hands with him and we went out to see the city. He told me some stories about Amsterdam and helped me clarify some doubts. Back then, it was my first time traveling in Europe. My knowledge of the Netherlands was limited. It was wonderful that he came to Amsterdam and showed me around the city.

Finally, we decided to get some beers. We stayed at a bar and he ordered some snacks. One snack was cheese. Then, he demonstrated that Dutch cheese is surely worthwhile to try. I tried some, and those cheeses tasted so good. Moreover, he ordered some beers. On a summer evening, a cup of cold beer is truly a great choice.

We talked about some memories in college and chatted about our future plans. Looking back, it was so great that he picked me up at the hostel and we met in Amsterdam. He truly helped me understand the lifestyle in Amsterdam and the differences between Europe and Asia. 

No comments: