9/28/23

​​Netflix documentary


A couple of days ago, my friends and I were watching some series on Netflix. After watching the show, a friend asked me if I would like to see anything else.

I really didn’t know what to watch. So, I just randomly browsed on Netflix, then I found a documentary. It was a story about a basketball team. The documentary film was pretty good. And, my friends and I all like the film.

While watching the film, there were some scenes that looked familiar. In particular, the team used to play in the Beijing Olympics.

In 2008, I was very lucky to be selected as an Olympic volunteer. So, I was in Beijing in the summer of 2008. Moreover, I used to watch a baseball game in the Beijing Olympics and the basketball park is very close to the baseball stadium. I surely remember that summer.

Additionally, while watching the documentary film, I saw that there were so many security staffers to protect those players who earned millions of dollars each year. Seeing those staffers, I remember that one day, we went to a neighborhood, which is quite famous. When we arrived in that area, there were so many police officers and security guards. Of course, in a global sporting event, security is the top priority. However, there were just too many police officers. I was wondering why and asked a tour guide. The tour guide indicated that a global leader lived in the hotel in that neighborhood.

The documentary film truly brought me back to the summer of 2008. I was in one of the biggest sporting events of the world. There were world-class athletes and several global leaders went to the event. Fans and tourists came to the city for this event. 15 years later, I’m just thinking about planning to travel to another city and go to a big sporting event. 

No comments: