9/26/23

Flight delay


A few months ago, I watched the news on TV. On TV, lots of tourists were blaming the airline because they had to sleep at the airport.

Well, flight delay is not new to me. Moreover, some flights were canceled and I had to book a new flight ticket. Of course, it’s not interesting. However, this just could happen. But, I never slept at the airport before.

Nonetheless, I used to wait to check in for quite a while at the airport. Around 6 years ago, I traveled to Brazil and it was my first time visiting Latin America. I was pretty excited about that trip. Overall, it was a good journey.

Nevertheless, on the last day of the trip, it was a long day. A friend and I took a shuttle bus to the Sao Paulo airport. We arrived at the airport in the afternoon. However, our flight was scheduled to depart at midnight. Hence, we had to stay at the airport for more than 8 hours.

My friend and I just didn’t know what to do at the airport. And, we were thinking whether there were lounges, which we could go to. However, I saw a tourist with a cup of Starbucks coffee in his hand. I asked him where he got the coffee. The tourist told me that there was a Starbucks shop in another terminal.

I told my friend that we could go to another terminal to get some coffee. She thought that it was a good idea, so we moved to another terminal with our luggage.

Thankfully, there were some shops and restaurants. My friend and I saw there was a table free, so we quickly went there. We really did nothing. Most of the time, we just browsed the internet on the mobile phone. In the evening, we got some dinner at McDonalds. A few hours after the dinner, we finally checked in. 

No comments: