7/18/23

Wedding gift



A couple of months ago, some friends and I went to a wine shop. The main reason why we went there was that we decided to prepare some wines for a friend as a wedding gift.

Previously, I traveled to India and Brazil for friends’ weddings. Before each trip, a key thing came to my mind is whether I should prepare some presents. I asked some friends’ opinions and eventually, I decided to prepare some presents.

I bought some presents before going to the airport. After passing the custom and security check, I went to the duty free shops and explored whether there was something good. I did find something that looked ok in a gift pack.

I met my friends and handed over those presents. My friends were quite surprised. They didn’t expect to receive presents because I already took a long trip to the wedding. Some other friends also prepared some gifts, but some friends didn’t do so.

Well, preparing gifts for a friend's wedding isn’t necessary. In particular, if you have to take a long trip to go to the wedding, preparing gifts might not be an easy thing to do. For me, preparing gifts is just a way to show how happy I am. However, I didn’t prepare anything expensive. And, most importantly, those presents will not require lots of spaces in the luggage and increase the weight of the luggage. Hence, to quickly buy something at duty free shops in the airport might be a good choice because your baggage is already checked in. Nonetheless, it’s important to not buy too many presents.

Traveling to a friend’s wedding is a pretty good thing to do. You can experience happiness and joy. However, preparing presents isn’t necessary. In particular, if you take a long trip, it’s better to travel light. As a friend said, “Showing up is the best present.” 

No comments: