7/20/23

Long queue?


Yesterday, I passed by a ramen shop and there was a long queue. It’s a well-known ramen shop and there aren’t too many seats in the shop. So, it’s not a surprise to see the long queue.

While seeing the queue, I recalled some memories of traveling in Japan. On my very first trip in Japan, my friends and I woke up very early to go to a fish market. We took the metro and when we arrived at the fish market, there were actually many people. We decided to get some food for breakfast. However, there was a long queue in front of one of the most famous restaurants. My friends and I decided to go to another restaurant. The food in the restaurant was actually pretty good. We were glad that we didn’t wait in that famous restaurant.

However, sometimes, we have to wait. A few years ago, I was with some Japanese friends in Barcelona. There was a well-known ramen restaurant. Some of them haven’t tried ramen for a while, so we decided to go to that restaurant. We agreed to meet at that restaurant at 8:00 p.m. Nonetheless, I was a bit late. When I was on the metro, I received a message from a Japanese friend and he indicated that there was a long queue. 

After getting off the metro, I quickly ran to the restaurant and met my friends. I apologized to my friends. We were in the queue for a while. Eventually, we ate good ramen and had a great night. However, I felt so sorry because I didn’t arrive on time and they had to wait. Most of the time, I prefer not to wait in a long queue to just get some food. Nevertheless, sometimes, it’s worthwhile to wait. In particular, I saw my Japanese friends eat ramen happily. 

No comments: