7/11/23

Travel sustainable?


A few months ago, I traveled with a friend and we stayed in a guesthouse. While reviewing the information of the guesthouse on booking.com website, I saw an interesting badge.

It’s a travel sustainable badge, which looks quite interesting.

A few months ago, I met a CEO from a well-known hotel group. He indicated that there was a lot of waste in the hotels and as a member of this global community, there must be some changes in the travel industry. Then, he implemented several policies to reduce the waste. For example, they no longer provide mineral water in the room. However, it doesn’t mean the tourist won’t have water. There is a sparkling water maker in each room, so each tourist can taste great sparkling water in the room.

Eventually, I did stay in that guesthouse, which I booked on booking.com. The major difference is that the guesthouse doesn’t provide any toothbrushes, toothpastes or razors. Normally, I have a toothbrush and a travel pack of toothpaste in a bag while traveling. So, if a guesthouse or a hotel doesn’t provide these, there won’t be any problems.

It’s surely worth paying more attention to these hotels or guesthouses that are willing to take an extra step to make travelers’ stays more sustainable. Now, I usually have a bag of some necessary stuff for traveling. For example, toothbrush, toothpaste and face wash. Of course, all in a travel pack. Well, I might need extra space to put all my travel stuff in the backpack. However, it’s good for our environment. Additionally, I can choose what I need. For example, the shower gel that a hotel provides might not be a perfect fit for your skin type. But, it’s not that difficult to prepare a travel pack of shower gel, which fits your expectations. For the next trip, I will also try to travel sustainably.

No comments: