7/25/23

Price


A few days ago, there was news on yahoo. The news was that some guests were complaining about the price of a well-known hotel chain.

In the news, a hotel manager explained the main reason. The land is too expensive in this region. For the hotel chain, it truly cost a lot to acquire the land. Thus, it’s unlikely to see the price of a hotel room be too low.


Well, the price is an important factor for many travelers. After reading the news, I thought about a story a few years ago.

A friend and I like a band and we talked a lot about that band frequently. One day, we realized that there was a concert in London. We decided to buy concert tickets. But, before that, we had to book tickets to London. Back then, I was in Barcelona and my friend lived in Paris. I booked the flight tickets from Barcelona to London. At the same time, my friend booked train tickets from Paris to London.

Unfortunately, because of some reasons, we didn’t go to the concert. However, we didn’t cancel the tickets. I met my friend and we discussed the price of tickets. Then, she realized that the flight tickets from Barcelona to London were actually cheaper than the train tickets from Paris to London.


Well, there are several reasons behind this price difference. However, the price could truly change people’s behavior of traveling. A few days ago, I met a friend from Osaka, Japan. We talked about the price and he indicated that taking shinkansen trains from Osaka to Japan is very expensive and he told me the price of a train ticket. Then, I remember some Japanese friends who would choose to travel internationally because the flight tickets might be cheaper than shinkansen train tickets. 

No comments: