6/8/23

Wine


A few days ago, I passed by a wine shop. In the shop, I tasted several wines and a staffer was really nice, introducing several wines from France.

French wine has a rich history and there are so many great wines from France available on the market. However, I just thought about a story while I was traveling in France.

I visited a great friend in France. In the afternoon, I had lunch with her family. Her dad is extremely nice. He prepared a bottle of great champagne for me as a gift. Additionally, at lunch, he prepared a bottle of red wine. I tasted a bit of red wine and it was pretty good. However, a few minutes later, my friend’s father asked me whether I like to taste red wine. And, he told me to stop drinking if I don’t like red wine. I didn’t understand why he was asking and then he said that he saw my face become red.

Well, I answered that my face gets red once I drink alcohol. Then, my friend and her father began to laugh. I told them that I was ok and the wine was great. Later on, my friend’s dad occasionally told this joke.
Tasting wine is actually not bad in life. While traveling, I would like to taste some beers or wines locally. However, as I get older, I don’t drink too much alcohol now. But, I usually go to a local supermarket or a local shop to see whether there are wines or beers that look good. Normally, I would buy one or two bottles of beer or wine to taste. Moreover, I sometimes buy some bottles of wine for some friends as a gift in a duty free shop in the airport. But, the key thing is that I have to be cautious while taking those wines. I truly don’t want to accidentally break a bottle of wine.  

No comments: