5/23/23

Google drive & macOS


Last December, I received a notice about Google drive. The message was simple. I have to upgrade the macOS to a new version. Otherwise, the google drive will not be synced to this laptop.

I have been using the MacBook Air since 2013. This laptop has been with me for more than 10 years. Most importantly, I have visited several countries with this laptop. Moreover, I took so many photos while traveling and those photos are saved in this mac. Those photos mean a lot to me and can help me recall great memories in different countries.

When I saw the notice, I truly hesitated to upgrade the macOS system. Firstly, I really don’t know what will happen after upgrading the system. I don’t know whether this MacBook air will run smoothly after upgrading. In addition, I almost mistakenly deleted those photos previously when I moved some folders. Thirdly, I really don’t like to wait for downloading and upgrading.

Well, after reading the notice, I began to think about other solutions to store those photos. I searched for some information and saw other people facing similar problems. Some of them indicated their MacBook is too old for the new system. Some of them even complained about the new policy and decided not to use google drive again.
For me, I’m really glad that this MacBook air has been functioning well and I hope to keep using it for a long time. I use it to store photos that I took while traveling. Furthermore, I used it to book hotels online, search a lot of information online and pay for tickets. Looking back, I never thought that I would use it for such a long time. Occasionally, there were some problems. But, overall, it was a great decision to buy it nearly 10 years ago. Hopefully, I will travel to more countries with this laptop. 

No comments: