4/18/23

Surfing


A few days ago, I had my hair cut. In the barbershop, I chatted with a hair designer. Suddenly, we talked about some sports we love.

We talked about some games we watched recently. Additionally, he indicated that surfing is his favorite. I have several friends who like surfing as well, hence, this topic is not new to me. He kept saying that some athletes from certain countries have done a great job in surfing. Then I asked him whether he used to go surfing in other countries.

He told me that he went to the Philippines to surf before the outbreak of the covid-19. He had to take a flight to Cebu first. Then, he waited for another flight to an island. It’s a long journey, however, it’s a great trip for him.

He demonstrated that it was his first time knowing what a real holiday is. He truly relaxed and enjoyed surfing those days on the island. I love traveling and I certainly know what he wanted to express.

He’s been a busy hair designer for a while and he hasn’t traveled for a while. For him, he truly wants to travel again and to go to a place to help him relax. Additionally, surfing is his favorite sport. By traveling to an island, he can enjoy some time at the beach and enjoy “standing on the water.”
I like sports such as football and baseball. While traveling, I usually pass by a stadium. The hair designer likes surfing and that trip to an island in the Philippines truly changed his mind about traveling. I believe that he will visit more islands or beaches that are great for surfers. Furthermore, perhaps, traveling more will give him a different point of view about his work or life. So, he might come up with new ideas about hair designing.  

No comments: