4/20/23

Smell


I was in the bathroom of a hotel, brushing my teeth. However, I smell something weird. After brushing, I asked my friend whether he smelled something.


Well, it’s not allowed to smoke in that hotel. Hence, we didn’t know why there was a smell of smoke in the room.


But, that makes me think of my trip in Japan before the outbreak of covid-19. I went to Tokyo a few years ago. One night, I met with a friend who I hadn’t met for like 7 years. We decided to get some beers and food. So, we went to a restaurant that is not so far from Shinjuku station.


After ordering some food, we began to share what happened these years. Then, he asked me whether I smoke. Well, I don’t smoke. He lit up a cigarette and began to smoke. In the restaurant, there were some other people who were smoking at the same time. A few minutes later, a girl came and she was asking my friend whether he would like to try electronic cigarettes. My friend did try it, but he didn’t buy anything that day.


Previously, it was allowed to smoke in the restaurants in Japan. However, now, it’s forbidden to smoke indoors. Each country has its law on smoking and it’s very important for travelers to follow the rules. In particular, it’s important to check before traveling to know whether there are new rules or requirements. For example, my friend who works in a travel agency just told some of his clients that there are new visa requirements in some countries.


Well, I prefer not to leave bad comments about a hotel. However, each time before booking a hotel, I will check on the website first to see whether some travelers smell something weird in the hotel. 

No comments: