4/11/23

Dizzy


A few years ago, I got on a taxi with heavy luggage, heading to the airport. I was waiting a few minutes to check in my luggage. It was 6:30 a.m. and after passing the security check, I didn’t see any duty free shops open.

I didn’t sleep that night and I was just so tired. All I wanted was just to quickly hear the boarding announcement. It was quiet in the airport and I felt that I might fall asleep in the airport.

Thankfully, I didn’t miss the flight. I was in the middle seat, trying to get some sleep on the flight. I didn’t sleep much but at least, I slept a bit.

A few hours later, the flight landed at the Istanbul airport. I got off the plane and still felt tired, but I couldn’t sleep. I had to wait for a while to take another flight.

I was checking on the display board to see which gate I should go to. There wasn’t any information on the board and I was waiting for a while. Then, the gate information appeared. I thought that I could just wait there. However, a few minutes later, I realized that I was in the wrong terminal. I had to quickly move to another terminal.
I grabbed my bag and ran to another terminal. Then, I saw a coffee shop and decided to get a cup of coffee. I was dizzy and really needed some coffee to refresh my mind. After getting some coffee, I did feel that I regained some energy. I stayed in the coffee shop for a few minutes and then went to the gate. Eventually, I didn’t miss the flight. After a few years, the memory is just so vivid. I just couldn’t forget that day. I was dizzy and almost made a huge mistake. 

No comments: