3/7/23

Sauce


A few months ago, a friend asked me whether I would like to get pasta for lunch. I didn’t hesitate and we went to a shop. When we arrived at the shop, we heard bad news. All pastas were sold out that day.


Well, we wanted to eat pasta so badly. Hence, the next afternoon, I went to the shop to get the pastas we ordered. At the shop, I met the shop owner, who is from Italy. He told me that he’s from Perugia. I answered that I heard about this city. Moreover, I asked him whether it’s worth visiting Perugia. He suggested that staying in the city for 2 days is ideal. We didn’t chat too much because he was busy preparing pasta. I got pastas for me and my friends and said “Ciao’.


I tried pasta with tuna fish that day and the next day, I went to that shop again. I ordered pasta with Norcina sauce. The shop owner indicated that Norcina sauce is originally from his hometown. After trying it, I really like this sauce.


Tasting great pasta from that shop made me think of my trips to Italy. I went to Italy twice. The first time, a staffer in the hostel suggested a good place to taste pasta. The second time, I was walking around the city of Bologna and saw a restaurant that looked good. I entered the restaurant and asked a staffer to see whether she could provide some suggestions. The staffer suggested pasta with a sauce that’s from Bologna.


I took her suggestion and that pasta was actually great. That’s just something I really like about traveling. Firstly, I can meet local people and understand whether there’s something special from their hometowns. Additionally, I can taste something that you can’t easily find in other cities or other countries. 

No comments: