3/9/23

Don’t sleep


A few days ago, I just met a great friend who had been working crazily. He looked quite tired and told me that he didn’t sleep much last month because he was working on an important project. Additionally, he kept saying that he usually worked till like 5 a.m. or 6 a.m., then, he came back home to take a nap.


Thankfully, he finished the project and the client was truly satisfied with his great work. However, my friend told me that he was quite sleepy during the last few days of working on that project.


After chatting with him, I remember that I was sometimes sleepy while traveling. Around 4 or 5 years ago, I went to China for a business trip and I was working on a project. During the day, we visited several retailers and in the evening, I was quite sleepy. At dinner, I got some cups of beer and began to nod. Well, I almost fell asleep. Thankfully, someone touched me calmly and reminded me that it’s not ideal to sleep at dinnertime.


Sleep is necessary in our life. Without sufficient sleep, it might be really bad for your health. However, oversleeping is not ideal, either.


Around 7 or 8 years ago, I received a text message from a friend. He was asking me whether I know some good places to watch an important boxing match. I was traveling in California and really had no ideas why he texted me.


Well, that friend was supposed to be in New York, however, he overslept and missed the flight. He didn’t go to New York and just stayed at his place. That day, he didn’t know what to do and thought it could be good to go out to watch the boxing match.


A few months later, he told me that he missed a flight again. 

No comments: