3/21/23

No signal


I checked my phone and there was a call, which I missed.

I was in the basement level 1 in an office and there weren’t any signals. Thus, I couldn’t receive the phone call. There are several times that I travel without turning on roaming service. Hence, before arriving at a hotel or a place that provides wifi, I’m actually disconnected. However, without wifi service or without signals from any telecom companies, it’s still possible to travel. But, to avoid getting into some troubles, I usually print maps or hotel information just in case I need to ask some people to do me a favor. However, when I traveled in Australia for the first time, there was something different. A friend and I went to the Blue Mountains, New South Wales. The weather was actually pretty good that day. My friends and I took some photos first and then we began to explore. It was very great to enjoy nature. And, basically, I just followed my friend. Then, we were in the middle of somewhere. Well, I didn’t know where we were and back then, the iPhone wasn’t even available. My friend was a programmer and was working for a local telecom company. I asked him if he saw signals on his mobile phone. He replied, “Impossible.” I was actually a little nervous because we were in the middle of somewhere in the Blue Mountains and no one was near us. At that moment, I was just thinking if we got lost, what would happen? Thankfully, we didn’t get lost and we did explore the beauty of nature. Recently, I read some news that some people were missing on the mountains. I was just so happy that I didn’t get lost while going to the mountains. Well, it’s good to enjoy traveling without disruptions. However, it’s better to find a place with a signal to occasionally communicate with your friends or relatives while traveling. 

No comments: