2/16/23

Window Seat


A couple of days ago, I watched a YouTube video and a writer was sharing his experience on a flight.


He has been to so many countries and has rich experience in taking long haul flights. On a flight, he basically just follows the rules and guidance. For him, it’s the best way and he doesn’t want to be other people’s problem. However, not every passenger does the same as he does.


He indicated that one time, he sat in an aisle seat and had some arguments with the passenger who sat in the window seat. It was a while after taking off, flight attendants kindly asked passengers to close window shades. However, only a passenger just didn’t do that.


The writer was not delighted because most passengers were ready to sleep. If that passenger didn’t close the window shade, it might influence some other passengers. So the writer had some arguments with that passenger. They did argue for a few minutes and eventually, he convinced the passenger to close the window shade.


Luckily, I didn’t have any arguments with other passengers on the flight. For me, I would really not know what to do while facing the same problem. I guess I will choose to ask flight attendants.


Several years ago, I was on a long-haul flight. I was in a window seat. I would like to go to the lavatory, however, most passengers were sleeping (including two passengers next to me). I didn’t want to bother the passengers who sat next to me, nonetheless, I really had to go to the lavatory. Thankfully, a flight attendant passed by and saw me. He understood what I would like to do. He taught me to just touch the shoulder softly to kindly wake the two passengers up. It works. I said thank you to the flight attendant.    

No comments: