2/14/23

Pay for your seat?


A few months ago, I listened to a podcast show and one host mentioned his recent experience before going back to Los Angeles.


In the show, he indicated that he would like to do online check-in and he realized that he had to pay for picking a seat. He wasn’t happy because of several reasons. Firstly, he didn’t have to do this before. He used to take a flight with the airline and he didn’t have to pay for choosing a seat on a flight. Additionally, the airline isn’t a low-cost airline. He understands that there are extra costs within the low-cost airlines, for example, you might be charged for changing dates. However, the airline he chose isn’t a low-cost airline. That’s why he showed his unhappiness in the show.


Well, I used to pay an extra fee for changing my train ticket in Italy. I used to be charged a significant amount of money for extra luggage while taking low-cost airlines. I used to send an email to an airline customer service to ask whether it’s possible to change the date of my return flight, but eventually, I didn’t change because of seeing the cost of changing the date. However, it’s my first time hearing the host’s experience.


The covid-19 pandemic has dramatically changed the world and has truly influenced the travel industry. Several airlines declared bankruptcy. Now, lots of countries have already eased border controls to boost tourism. Nonetheless, taking a flight might not be exactly the same as we thought. I don’t know whether there will be more changes in this industry. It will surely be important to notice any changes within the industry. Previously, I did read some policies and rules before booking a hotel room, a train ticket or a flight ticket. After listening to the podcast show, I will pay more attention to booking flight tickets. 

No comments: