2/2/23

Meatball


I was ready to take a bus to visit a friend. Before taking the bus, I got a call from my friend. He asked me to get a bag of meatballs.


Meatballs are one of the most famous products in the region I live in. There are several types of meatballs available and each weekend, I see some tourists come to the city and taste meatballs or a bowl of meatball soup.


While traveling, I also tasted some meatballs from different countries. On my first trip in Europe, I visited a good friend in the Netherlands. We met in Amsterdam on an evening in the summer. We walked around the city and then decided to get some beers in a bar.


My friend and I each got a cup of beer. Moreover, my friend ordered something to eat. We got some cheese and meatballs. Dutch cheeses are very famous and quite popular. However, I didn’t know much about Dutch meatballs. Nonetheless, the fried Dutch meatballs are really good to pair with beer. I was so glad that my friend ordered something great.


Recently, I saw an Ikea advertisement. There are some Swedish meatballs. Additionally, there are plant meatballs. Well, I did try vegan meatballs in a restaurant previously. Actually, those vegan meatballs are pretty good and taste like real meatballs. But, I asked a staffer about the price of the vegan meatballs. Well, the price somehow reflects the cost of vegan meatballs.


After seeing the Ikea advertisement, I thought about tasting Swedish meatballs. I only went to Sweden once and it was a cruise trip. I stayed in Stockholm for just a few hours and didn’t really have enough time to taste local food. If possible, I will try to spend more time experiencing Sweden in the near future and taste some good local food. 

No comments: