2/23/23

Hot pot


A couple of days ago, I was talking to a friend who just moved to Korea. We talked about some cultures and food in Korea. In particular, Korean BBQ and hot pot are truly worth trying.


I did try some food in Korean BBQ restaurants and Korean hot pot restaurants in my home country. However, I have never visited Korea before. Hence, I really can’t tell whether those foods are authentic. Well, some people like hot pot, but some don’t. However, it’s surely worth trying to eat some hot pots in some countries.


Around 8 years ago, I decided to take a trip to Zurich and asked a friend from Switzerland about some ideas about planning a trip. He gave me some great ideas and provided a Google map with all great suggestions. After arriving in Zurich, I texted him, indicating that his suggestions were so useful. A few minutes later, he replied that he was eating hot pot in Shanghai and wished me a great trip.


That Swiss friend likes to embrace new cultures and back then, he really wanted an opportunity to go to China. I’m not surprised that he tasted hot pot in China. After he came back from China, we met again and he told me that he would like to go back again and eat hot pot.


My friend already settled down in Korea and he welcomed me to visit him at any time. I have never been to Korea before and would really like to come soon. In particular, to taste some great Korean food and to experience lifestyles in Korea are on my to-do list. Moreover, we haven’t met for around 5 or 6 years, it will be great to have some hot pot and beers with my friend and share our stories over the last few years.  

No comments: