1/12/23

Video recording


I was working on a project in a Starbucks a few days ago. For me, getting some coffee in a coffee shop could help me refresh my mind. However, in some countries, things might not be the same.


A couple of days ago, someone posted a video on a Facebook group. He indicated that his laptop was stolen in a coffee shop while he was traveling in a country of southern Europe. In the video, it clearly showed that the thief was an experienced one. The thief saw that there was a laptop in that person's bag and he quickly got the laptop from the bag when that traveler didn’t pay attention to his bag. After getting the laptop, the thief put the laptop in his bag and left the coffee shop. The video was like 2 minutes. Thus, within two minutes, the thief stole that traveler’s laptop.


The traveler realized that his laptop was lost and asked a staffer in the coffee shop whether he could see the video recording. The staffer wasn’t willing to help at the beginning. He had to negotiate for a while. Eventually, he saw the video recording and got the file. Well, it clearly showed that his laptop was stolen. However, it was quite hard for him to get his laptop back.


After watching the video, lots of people left comments and indicated that everyone has to be very careful with personal belongings while traveling. In particular, there are many pickpockets in some countries. Additionally, it might not be easy to ask for video recordings because the rules or the laws are not the same in each country. Normally, I only use my laptop in a hotel or a hostel while traveling. Furthermore, I don’t let someone unknown touch my personal belongings. Sometimes, I might look overcautious. However, that’s the best way to avoid some troubles. 

No comments: