11/29/22

Credit card


Last night, I was chatting with a great friend and we discussed a lot of things such as business and life. For him, there have been a lot of changes recently. We also talked about traveling and again, we talked about his trip to South Korea a few years ago.


He went to South Korea a couple times and one time, he had to change his plan because of the weather. There was a typhoon approaching and the flight he booked was canceled. He had to book a hotel for one more night and wait for the rescheduled flight. Back then, he quickly texted me and asked me to do him a favor.


I called the bank that issued my friend’s credit card and asked customer service staff whether there was any insurance that was covered for the delayed flight. Thankfully, the bank replied that my friend could fill some forms to file a claim. All my friend had to do was to get all the necessary receipts.


My friend successfully got some money after filing a claim and the bank’s service was pretty good. However, another friend’s experience wasn’t that great.


That friend went to Europe with some of her relatives. Firstly, they landed in the Netherlands. However, their luggage didn’t arrive as scheduled. They thought that their luggage might be delivered in a couple of days. However, things didn’t happen as expected. They had to purchase necessary goods locally because all their stuff wasn’t delivered. In the end, it wasn’t a wonderful trip. When they came back, they would like to ask for compensation. But, the airline company didn’t provide good feedback. Nonetheless, one of her relatives paid the flight tickets by credit card and her relative received some money from the bank because travel insurance was covered by using that credit card. My friend paid by cash and nothing was covered. After that trip, she told me that it’s much better to purchase flight tickets by credit card.    

No comments: