10/20/22

Order food


I was in Zagreb, Croatia. I was traveling and stayed at a friend’s place. One day, my friend asked me whether I would like to get some pizzas.


Well, normally, my friend cooked dinner and he’s really good at cooking. I truly enjoy eating while visiting him because he wouldn’t let me down. However, getting some piazzas wasn’t a bad idea because I didn’t try piazzas in Croatia before. But, my friend doesn’t speak Croatian well. Hence, My friend’s girlfriend was helping us order some pizzas. Thankfully, someone can help us order pizzas. And, those pizzas were good.


However, things are not exactly the same everywhere. A few years ago, I came to a Chinese restaurant in Barcelona to get some food for dinner. During the dinner, the restaurant owner came to ask me whether I like fried rice. He told me that someone ordered it by phone, but the address was wrong. The restaurant indicated that this sometimes happened, someone was just making it for fun. Well, it’s not good.


Previously, it might not be easy to order food while traveling because there’s a language barrier. If you can’t speak a local language, you won’t be able to order anything by phone. Nonetheless, now, things have changed. There are several platforms online and several applications available on the phone. You can just log in online or download an application on your phone and then make an order. For me, some of these applications are very useful. For example, I can use Uber to get a local taxi and the price is quite clear. Additionally, I can also use foodpanda or deliveroo to order some food if I need. There are many ways to taste local food, of course, it’s fun to go to a local restaurant or a bar. Meanwhile, ordering online is another option. 

No comments: