10/18/22

Nobody’s watching TV


It’s been more than 13 years since I first traveled to the Netherlands. It was my first time traveling alone and I was quite nervous because I didn’t know what to expect during the trip. But, looking back, it was indeed a great start and I truly enjoy traveling.


During that trip, I was staying at a hostel in Amsterdam. The hostel isn’t too far from the central station. Additionally, the staffers are really nice and helpful. In the daytime, I went to explore the city and sometimes, I went to another city.


One evening, I was back at the hostel. It was probably 7 or 8 p.m. and the sun hadn’t gone down. I was thinking of what to do. Then, I went to the living room, there was a TV. Well, I think it was a living room for people to hang out there. However, that time, it was empty. Well, I saw the TV there and was curious to see what TV programs were there on TV. So, I turned on the TV. I saw an MTV channel and there was some music. Then, I switched to other channels. Some news and TV shows, however, I really didn’t know what they were talking about since they were all in Dutch.

 

Well, I was in that room for around 5 minutes. But, when I look back, it’s quite reasonable to see an empty living room at the hostel. While traveling, the main goal is to explore the city and create great experiences. Watching TV at the hostel is definitely the worst idea because you aren’t seeing the city. In particular, it’s much easier to see many TV shows from a different country since there are many OTT channels available. Nonetheless, I usually turn on a TV in a hotel room to make some noise, but I don’t spend much attention on it. 

No comments: