10/27/22

Language


Recently, I just reached 1400 days of practicing Spanish on Duolingo. Well, the level of my Spanish has certainly improved, however, am I fluent in Spanish? Certainly not.


It’s been a while since I began to use Duolingo to learn and 3practice Spanish. I enjoy learning Spanish and hopefully, I will travel to some Spanish-speaking countries soon. However, a friend shared her story that she used to travel in Latin America for like one year.


Back then, she didn’t speak Spanish. However, she still spent around one year in Latin America and visited so many cool places. After taking that long trip in Latin America, she thought of learning Spanish. She did learn Spanish and she studied really hard.


She speaks French, thus, the Latin language isn’t new to her. However, she still spent some time studying. After one year, her Spanish improved quickly. At the beginning, her level was like A1. Then, her level of Spanish was like B2 after one year of hard work.


She indicated that she would like to travel to Latin America again because she’s quite confident in her Spanish.


Well, my level of Spanish isn’t the same as my friend's. However, I would like to travel to Latin America as well. It would be fun to travel in Latin America since I only went to Brazil and I believe that there are so many countries that are worthwhile to visit. Moreover, I would like to see if my poor level of Spanish could work while traveling. 


Furthermore, my friend used to spend like one year traveling. I don’t think it's possible for me to travel for 1 year. Nonetheless, it might not be bad to travel for around two or three months to experience life in different countries and learn different cultures. But, before that, I just keep learning. 

No comments: