9/15/22

Trust your partner?


A few years ago, a friend published a post on Facebook and he was looking for a travel partner who just happened to travel in Northern Europe. Luckily, he met a friend who’s from the same country.


It might not be a bad idea to have a travel partner from the same country because you have the same mother tongue and there shouldn’t be any language barriers. However, things might not always go the way expected.


I saw my friend’s post after he began to travel in Northern Europe. He indicated that he would never look for a travel partner on Facebook. Additionally, he said something about the differences between his travel partner and him. Moreover, he already blocked that person on Facebook.


Well, I used to travel with my friend and he’s normally easygoing. But, I didn’t know what happened during his trip in Northern Europe. I really couldn’t say who’s right or wrong.


Nonetheless, I like to travel alone, so I can just go anywhere I want at any time. For me, that is the easiest way to travel. But, sometimes, I travel with a friend or some friends. The major difference between traveling alone and traveling with a travel partner is that you have to compromise and make adjustments.


I used to meet a friend on a walking tour and a few months later, we met in Paris again. During the trip, we basically just walked a lot and enjoyed seeing the city. Moreover, we didn’t expect to get fancy food. So, we could just get some bread and fruits on the street when we were hungry. There are several ways of traveling. Traveling with a partner isn’t a bad thing to do. However, it’s very important to have a modest expectation and understand the mutual goals. Traveling is fun and it’s not ideal to have any arguments on the road.

No comments: