9/6/22

North or South?


A couple of weeks ago, I watched a TV show and the guests were discussing the differences between the South and the North in the country.


On TV, each guest shared his or her opinions. However, it clearly showed that they were arguing a little bit. While I was watching the TV show, I somehow remembered that several people talked about the differences between the South and the North in some countries.


When I was traveling in Italy, one day, I had lunch with a friend. During the lunch, we truly talked about lots of things in Italy and she told me that there’s a North-South divide in Italy. Well, we didn’t go through all the history of Italy, but North-South differences truly exist in several countries.


By far, I have been to several cities in Italy. Nonetheless, when I look back, I never went to South Italy. It might not be fair for me to say something about the differences between the North and the South. However, some friends do share their opinions about the cities that they visited in Italy.


Meanwhile, I also heard the North-South differences exist in several countries. For example, I heard a pilot talk about the differences between North and South Vietnam. In particular, previously, I was working on a project about the market in Vietnam. A friend who used to work in Vietnam told me that it’s very important to know the differences between North and South Vietnam.


I haven’t been to Vietnam. I haven’t been to Southern Italy. However, I would like to visit soon. There must be some differences or even divides in some countries. But, for me, it’s important to understand the history, experience the cities and try to explore something cool. Additionally, it’s even more important to respect the differences.

No comments: