7/19/22

Seafood

A couple days ago, I read an article about a fishmonger’s story. He grew up in a fishmonger family and he decided to return home to be a fishmonger after getting an admission offer from graduate school in a prestigious university. The whole story is quite interesting and he shared a lot of knowledge about fishes. Growing up in a country surrounded by sea, eating fish or seafood is very common in our daily life. When I was a kid, I sometimes ate a whole fish that my grandmother prepared. Moreover, I frequently go to a seafood restaurant with some friends. While traveling, I also like to taste seafood if there is some seafood available. Around 20 years ago, I was in Sydney and one day, I went to the beach with a friend and his family. In the afternoon, we were going to a subway for lunch. I chose a seafood sandwich. Back then, I never ate in a subway before and for me, I would like to get some seafood in Sydney. So a seafood sandwich was an ideal choice. That sandwich was ok. Nonetheless, my friend’s dad told me that seafood in Sydney was just okay, there are usually more selections in southeast Asia. I didn’t try too much seafood in Australia. However, I did try some seafood in Japan. When I was in Tokyo, I went to an old fish market with friends. We all agreed that the sashimi raw fish rice bowl was just so delicious and we were extremely glad that we made a good decision to wake up early and get to the fish market. During the trip, we also ate raw fish rice bowls in other restaurants, but it’s really hard to compete against the raw fish rice bowl in the fish market. A few days ago, I just chatted with a friend who lives in Tokyo and he just came back from a fish market.

No comments: